Upon completion of this course, you will be able to perform the following tasks:
• Identify the main components of programmable controller systems
and describe their functions
• Describe the flow of information through a programmable
• Navigate through the RSLogix™ 5 or RSLogix 500® software
• Transfer, monitor, and run projects on a PLC-5® or SLC™ 500 processor
• Interpret simple ladder logic programs
This course is designed as an introduction to programmable controller
systems. The PLC-5 or SLC 500 system will be featured using either
RSLogix 5 or RSLogix 500 software.
Important: By the time the course is finished, you will not be able to
program, maintain, or troubleshoot a PLC-5 or SLC 500 system. However,
you will have the prerequisite understanding required for the courses
that teach those skills.